2008/06/14

Japanese Speech Contest



Today, Japanese Speech Contest for overseas students was held. 18 people [from Korea, Chinese, British, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia and Canada] participated and spoke in public. I was surprised that everyone can speak Jananese very well!! I think they practiced it many times. Also, I learned that it's important to speak about own countries, and things which I have always thought. It's hard to try it in foreign languages, but telling own country to foreigner is a very important thing. I want to speak about Japan in English!
The winner from N.Z spoke about Kumamoto dialect. It's very interesting topic! He told that he wants to learn it. I never heard such a thing! Everyone emphasize to learn the standard Japanese. If I go to N.Z, I want to learn English peculiar to N.Z.

0 件のコメント: