2008/11/19

My favorite athlete

My favorite athlete is Daisuke Takahashi.
He is the best figure skater in Japan, and we call him ‘Dai chan’. He has a large following, because his skating moves us, and especially his steps are so beautiful. I like not only his skating but his smile.
He began to skate at the age of 8, because his mother took him to the skating rink which was built near his house. In 2002, he won the world junior title. When he became senior, he made little progress in the international contest for a long time, but he reassured a pleasure of skating at the exhibition of all Japan championship. In 2006, he got a chance to take part in The Torino Olympics. He got 5th place at short program, but he won 8th place, because of fall of jump in free skating. He felt regrettable. Nonetheless, he never gave up to skate. He met Nikolai Morozov, who was his choreographer. He led Shizuka Arakawa to the Torino Olympics gold medal. He gave him confidence. After the Olympics, he turned his effort to strengthen his physical strength, and steps. Through his effort, he got a silver medal in the World figure skating championship in Tokyo [2007]. I saw it on TV, and I was really moved. He succeeded twice 4 turn jumps. I think he became so strong through his frustration, effort and success.
Now, he injured right knee, and gave up taking part in all meetings from 2008 to 2009. I hope his injury will soon heal up, and I believe he can get a gold medal at the next Olympics.

1 件のコメント:

Yohko さんのコメント...

You really love him.(^^) He is handsome certainly!